Dual screen output (usb-c + hdmi) doesn't work

Hi there,

I’m using a lattepanda as a hackintosh high sierra (for many reasons, I don’t want to use Mojave). I’m trying to get a dual screen output, using the USB-C output + the HDMI output together. But it’s not working.

I can use one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Am I the only one to get this issue ? Is it possible to have a dual-screen output ? Or is it impossible, because it’s an hackintosh.

Thanks for you help !

Hi !

No answer :confused: I can’t believe that nobody tried dual screen output on their Hackintosh Lattepanda. Any help ? :pray:

Problem solved after upgrading Clover and OSX to the last version of Mojave (10.14.5).

1 Like

Hi, could you please share your solution with me? example… Items that you bought and also links to vendor’s website and final installation + configs.

Thanks!

Hi !

Yes, I just made an upgrade to the last Clover version + Mojave 10.14.5 because it seems that dual output wasn’t working on High Sierra.

For the full update, I followed those steps: Upgrading from 10.14 to current makes boot problem

I’m using an Ankar USB-C to HDMI adapter, referenced as A8306 on the USB-C output and an HDMI cable to the other one. Of couse, I plugged a power wire directly to the mainboard, using the DC 12v input (see the diagram here: http://docs.lattepanda.com/content/alpha_edition/powering/#jst-4p-dc-input-connector) so I don’t use the USB-C to power the Lattepanda.

Some things that you have to know:

• if you boot with both screens attached, it won’t work ; you have to boot with one screen (lets say the one on the HDMI output) and then plug the other one so the OS and the computer can detect that there is two screens (don’t ask me why, I don’t know),
  • I only use 1280x720 and 1920x1080 output with no sound; so I don’t know if the USB-C to HDMI works in 4K with / without sound.

Hope that’s help !

Thats really helpful, Thank you Bart!

Could you please, Please end me a picture or a link to where I can buy the connector adapter you use for the power?

Thanks!

Hmmmm… for the connector, I don’t remember where it’s coming from, but it’s something I got from an old cable.

On the website of Lattepanda, they say that the connector is a

JST PH2.0 - 4p connector (pin mapping is marked on the board also: – DC ++, which means two negative pins and two positive pins)

That said: I used the DC power input because I needed extra power to power a video capture card. It depends your need, but maybe a solution using a USB-C to HDMI adapter including an extra USB-C power (as you have on the latest iPad, for exemple) may do the trick to power your Lattepanda using the official power supply and get another screen. As I didn’t try this configuration, I’m not 100% sure it’s working, but if I were you, I would give a try (or at list, look at some people who tried this).