Graphics Card bottleneck?

So I preordered a latte-panda alpha 864 and I will get it sometime August. I was wanting to put an E-GPU with it for mining and gaming occasionally. It has a PCI-E 4x laptop connector that I can connect to a riser card for a GPU. I believe it has a Gen 3 PCI Express due to it being so new. I know this sounds weird but I want to put a very high end GPU mainly for mining and light gaming every one in a while. I am thinking of getting a 20 series card and I would consider and AMD option also. I guess I need to figure out how to power it but I know there are riser cards available although it might be hard to find a 4x to 16x adapter. I would also need a power supply likely a Gold or platinum rating for power consumption reasons. I also want to figure out how to power it with USB C off the power supply and set it up so that when I press a power switch it turns on. My plan is to make a roughly 5/8 scale Classic Mac Pro. (cheese-grader style)
I know that there will be a CPU bottleneck but gaming is not it’s main priority. I found a chart of bottle necking with different PCIe standards. Any help would be appreciated and I am not in any hurry for another 2 months.