Lattepanda Alpha Hackintosh mojave intel m3 7y30 install

I will update this topic with more detail as i go along, please review the video for installation

macpanda updates 2.1

download location

2.1 (11/13/18) - Version 2.1 (working 10.14.1 & hdmi audio)

Removed all unnecessary kext
included clover pkg 4722 installer
*hdmi audio working
*fixed edid for monitor detection (no more pink screen issue)
updated all kext to latest version
tested with fresh install of 10.14.1

2.0 - in the works
fixed igpu drivers and removed edid for monitor detection
fixed pink screen issue
hdmi audio
removed unnecessary kext

1.2 (pre-released)
graphic fix for 10.14.1
removed voodoo.kext from efi (breaks sleep, requires manual install instead)
added voodoo pkg for manual install

1.1:
added audio using voodoo

version 1:
initial release

hi i have some questions is the onboard audio working without voodoo stuff and what chip does it uses ALC269VB for instance or a other one

I got everything up and running just like your video said, however I am not able to get it to output in 4K on my monitor.

I am getting conflicting information. It did get the monitor model correct, however it’s a 28" at 4K not 1080p. It is also currently being displayed at 2K instead of 1080p like it says on the About Mac screen. I don’t know if this is a limitation of the Hackintosh or if I configured something wrong. When I reboot into Windows, 4K works just fine. Thanks for any insight in advance.

i have the same issue myself, well i woudn’t really call it an issue… i havn’t had a chance to look into it but a quick google search of 2650x1440 mac os shows that this is a mac os problem. possible cause we mimic a macbook platform and might not support it? i’ll find a fix for it later tho cause i need this fixed as well

Thanks for the quick response. I will keep my eye out for a fix if you can find one. Thanks again

Not sure if this will help in this case, but on my RMBP I use an app called SwitchResX to build custom resolution profiles to support 2K and 4K displays and have a fake retina scaling.

Regrettably the SwitchResX does not work for me. I.e. one can change the resolutions, however within certain limits – no 4k possible with my LG 27UD88 (Vendor GSM-1E6D, Product 5B09). Custom resolutions do not work for me on MacPanda Mojave 10.14.1 either, despite the SIP is disabled.
BTW - I had to change locale to English so to make SwitchResX working, otherwise it was trying editing a wrong displayProduct file.
BTW2 - This monitor (with its EDID) was correctly recognised 4k by a MacBook Pro High Sierra, as a second monitor.

I can recommend watching this movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY94z2vcVqM – it explains a lot.
Command ’ ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayPrefsKey ’ shows the vendor number and monitor type. PlistEdit Pro is very useful for manipulating with the files.
I created the missing DisplayProductID-5b09 file for my monitor. I was also experimenting with ‘scale-resolutions’ Array of data in the file, as suggested by Mr Pixel - this lead e.g. to an awful rendering of more pixels than physical resolutions.
I have experimented also with some other parameters ‘borrowed’ from the other valid DisplayProductIDs from same vendor with partial result: I managed to get a much higher resolution (however with wrong geometry) from reusing the following LG Ultrawide EDID override key:

IODisplayEDID
AP///////wAebdh2AQEBATIXAQSlUCJ4nsqVplVOoSYPUFQhCABxQIGAgcCpwLMA0cCBAAEB53xwoNCgKVAwIDoAIE8xAAAaAAAA/QA4PR5aKwAKICAgICAgAAAA/AAzNFVNOTUKICAgICAgAAAA/wAKICAgICAgICAgICAgAfoCAxFxIwkGB0QQBAMBgwEAAAI6gBhxOC1AWCxFACBPMQAAHn5IAOCgOB9AQEA6ACBPMQAAGAEdAHJR0B4gbihVACBPMQAAHowK0Iog4C0QED6WACBPMQAAGGs+uFBgoClQCCC4BCBPMQAAGgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdw==

This gives some hope that a fake EDID record (IODisplayEDID key) could potentially give us the 3840x2160 / 60Hz.
I have found EDID readers tools, however not found yet a tool to craft one from scratch.

@Novaspirit, Hi Don do we know what exactly was done to fix the display for MacPanda 10.14.1 in the Clover set 2.1? (Apparently this was something very different to the earlier EDID-message-override as done by the Ruby RGB script from the initial Clovers; i.e. no DisplayProductID-xxx file was created.)
I am asking so to search for potential topics/conflicts preventing e.g. the SwitchResX from working 4k on MacPanda.
Do you have any friends to ask for advice? I was also thinking about writing to the author of SwitchResX, however would like to avoid wasting his time if the problem was more in a hackintosh mess and not in his commercial software.

Im not sure if you about this disk utility or if it would work for setting up a MacPanda unit, maybe it would be helpful?

Storage Question: if a GPU was installed on the Macpanda (M.2 M-Key), how can a hard disk/storage be attached and used?

USB 3.0 or USB via the monitor USB-C…

Then it should be connected to power through the 12v, 4 pin connector? Those are affordable.

If you use the monitor as the USB hub, then it could still power your board via USB-C while transmitting data and video. Anyway, I have not tested these configurations by myself.

Did anyone succeed with 4k (3840x2160) on MacPanda?

:boom: Mojave 10.14.2 is there! Very smooth upgrade on MacPanda from 10.14.1 !

Hello @novaspirit Thanks for the great work. I’m about to embark on this project but I need your advise on whether I can use LattePanda Alpha 800 and not the 864 version for the Hackintosh? Thanks.

I would assume yes. You would get just no 64GB eMMC V5.0l memory (where the Windows 10 is preinstalled), which seems anyway not accessible from a Mac OS.

Hey Olo, thanks for your feedback. As you did mentioned that win 10 is preinstalled into the 64GB eMMC drive, would it be best to have that for dual boot? Or is it better to do a dual boot of a separate partition via eSata?

Do you think we would see much of a performance drop if the OS is running on a USB hard drive instead of the M-Key? It could still be an SSD on the USB… I just want to keep the M-key free for GPU.

Also, has the GPU on the M-Key been tested as working with Hackintosh or PC only?

I am working on a hackintosh but I have run into several problems.
-Nvidia cards don’t work due to no “Web drivers” For Mojave and there are rumors that Apple is trying to tighten up their GPU control. I had some Mac Pro 2010s that were running High Serria and they even (I believe) bricked it with the latest drivers to the point of having to install the factory GPU just to get it to post. Tested with multiple cards and even a fresh install.
-When a eGPU is installed, it completely disables the iGPU at the hardware level so under Windows it does not show up in the device manager. Would be impossible to troubleshoot under integrated graphics with the eGPU connected.

• AMD cards should work that are metal compatible. (There are work arounds for this requirement) so we would need to support Team Red. :grinning: I do know that there are some cards that are even approved by Apple officially. Unfortunately I got rid of a RX 580 to test.
    -Otherwise it should work with AMD cards

Sorry for my crappy two cents.