Lattepanda Alpha Hackintosh mojave intel m3 7y30 install

First of all thank you for the clover files. They are working very well on Mojave 14.10.3 beta.
However, when playing media content in iTunes, I get an HDCP error. Does this also happen using Mojave 14.10.0/1 and is there any workaround?
Thanks.

I was curious about loading Mac OS on an eMMC.
It seems like there is a remote possibility if one can use an app intended for working with RaspberryPi:

http://www.uugear.com/portfolio/flashing-the-raspberry-pi-compute-module-emmc-under-mac-os/

I am not familiar with RaspberryPi except reading about how it is used for several things, IIRC Octoprint, etc.

I don’t know if it is possible to access the eMMC if one installs macOS on an NVME or SSD and then tries to install the drivers and OS from there. It is something that I don’t know how to do and currently don’t have the education to attempt. Maybe, someday, someone can figure this out and share their solution with the community.

Again, just have easy upgraded MacPanda to Mojave 10.14.3.

I just received my 800 today, it works the same. The other version includes storage which cannot be used by OSX, since my primary use was for Mac OS, then I chose the cheaper option.

Has anyone been able to get bluetooth to work on 10.14.3? I did a fresh install today (since I just received my 800) and for some reason I can’t connect my bluetooth peripherals. Additionally, has anyone tried FileVault on these systems? Happily typing away now on my 800, just regrettably using a wired keyboard…

Sure BT works well on MacPanda, BUT not the onboard Intel one (I had to disable it in Bios). For a proper BT and WiFi, one needs to buy an original bcm94360cs2 Apple card (or newer) plus a M2-to-Apple converter. (To be very precise I tested Apple Magic Mouse and KB on 10.14.2 need to check if it still works on 10.14.3).
What WiFi / BT card did you choose?

Thanks for the Feedback Jimmod, I just got in my hands some Fresh 800 and 864 Lattepandas today! Will be trying an install over the weekend. Any tips on the most up to date install?

So Don’s video still works as well as all the command line arguments he walks you though. Just make sure you have the latest clover, the latest OS X (and the full installer)

Don’s Clover: https://github.com/novaspirit/macpanda/releases
How to get the full mojave installer, not the 22mb stub: http://osxdaily.com/2018/09/29/download-full-macos-mojave-installer/

In Don’s latest clover you do not need to do the plist changes since the new kext driver fixes monitor issues.

Finally as don mentions on GitHub, you should enable iDisplay Audio if you would like HDMI audio.

Can anyone run MacOS with 4k resolution???

I managed to get HiDPI 1080p@60Hz which is actually 4k(3840x2160). I wanted to get HiDPI 1440p which is actually 5k(5120x2880). Now we have a question, does Intel HD 615 support 5k? I did a quick search but I couldn’t find an answer.

EDIT: I checked on Windows, too. the HiDPI 1440p is possible but it’s based on 4k(3840x2160) @ 150%. macOS implemented 1440p to use 5k(200%). macOS has limited magnifying(?) options than that of Windows(125%, 150% etc). The max resolution in Windows is 4k as well.

EDIT2: My HiDPI 1080p wasn’t truly HiDPI even though the system told me like that. I tested with my real MacBook Pro on the same monitor. There is quality difference. LP Alphas is not outputting 4k. So, my best guess is that this has to be fixed in kext level…

Ok nice. How did you do that?

I guess it doesn’t matter. The system says that in the screenshot but what I’m seeing is not HiDPI. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, to be clear, you can set your Display to 4k but without HiDPI?
I can only select 2k.

Hi slop,
You are correct. I played with EDID and SwitchResX. I managed to see the options such as 3840x2160, 2560x1440 but they were very low quality. I think they were upscaled from 1080p. So, my question to you is your 2k looked fine? Mine was almost unusable, texts were very blurry.

How did you do that?
My 2k is also very blurry.

Hi slop!
I started another thread for 4k support.
https://forum.novaspirit.com/t/lattepanda-alpha-hackintosh-4k-support-half-success

Have you upgrade the Latte Panda alpha Hakintosh from 10.14 to newer versions? any issues?