Raspberry Pi 3 as a Ubiquiti Network Management System Server

I’m thinking of getting a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ for using the Ubiquiti Network Management System server software, has anyone else had any experience using it on this platform?

https://www.ubnt.com/software/

Looks like it needs to have minimum of 2GB RAM, Pi only has 1GB. Could always try and see.

If you have a spare 3B laying around go for it. The worst thing that can happen is that you loose a day from tinkering with the software. I would install the OS to an SSD

You would have to set a hardware bit to boot from an SSD. You would be limited by USB 2.0 though. Once you set a hardware bit you can’t go back. It should work with 1GB of RAM but the performance would be less than optimal.

Use a SBC with 2g of ram, like this SBC otherwise you will most likely run into lots of problems and the software might not even run.

Just let me mention that I am using Raspberry 3B as the Unifi Controller 5.8.30 for 7 devices and 36 clients. Works surprisingly well for over a year. That gives justified hope UNMS would be worth trying. Let us know on progress…